Housecamping setup is going very slowly, as I got home pretty late today, and Jane had stuff to do after work also. It was a bit easier to set things up last time because many of the things we needed were sitting in the reading room. This time, everything has been put away somewhere. Our basement area is also full of plumbing fixtures, which makes it harder to just pull things out, etc.
I made a point of finding time today to change the furnace filter. No need to get into the condition of the old filter.
It was light-challenged by the time I got home, but I got a couple shots outside, and then was able to follow-up inside with the big flash.
It's been awhile since I've posted any exterior shots.
cedar tongue and groove soffits
...and from another angle. the big beam will be cut to length soon, and the black metal flashing you can see at the right of the picture has to be removed, and replaced by silver metal flashing.
on to the kitchen...
the island, in its proper location, and right-side up. This side of the island will have 4 storage drawers with stainless steel drawer fronts.
All the lower cabinets have been installed, along with the drawer and door fronts. Most of the lower cabinets are drawers, doors in places where necessary such as under the sink and under the coffee maker.
The veneers are al book-matched.
This side of the island will have the prep sink towards the right side, and a long open wire shelf underneath for storing pots and pans.
This cabinet will hold the fridge. The two upper cabinets will have stainless steel door fronts to match the fridge.
seating for 3 around the end of the island, and we'll put a couple of comfortable chairs near the window.
Needless to say, it does us a world of good to see the kitchen taking shape. I brought a work-light out there tonight, and we spent about half an hour just hanging out in the space.
This weekend, Jane and I will be assembling the Ikea cabinets for the laundry room, and then Crossford will install them early next week. We also have a number of logistics trips, including light fixtures, and looking at glass panel and railing systems.




No comments:
Post a Comment