Ren-Oh: Mysterious Objects Mostly Not MIM

Monday, October 27, 2008

Mysterious Objects Mostly Not MIM

 


#1


#2


#3

Answers hopefully tomorrow.  I will admit it took me awhile to work out what #1 is all about.

The weather forecast for tomorrow looks a bit wild.  Rain in the morning and up to 15cm of snow in the afternoon and evening.  Hopefully we will not have a power failure.  It will be necessary in the short-term for Jane and I to get some backup systems in place for the sump pump in the addition...probably a portable gas-powered generator, and a battery backup for the pump.  One thing I learned on Saturday night is just how fast the water can flow into that sump.  Because the weeping tile around the foundation drains directly into the sump, the water just gushes into there when there is a heavy rain outside.  It's a whole different kettle of fish than the old sump we have.  I'm not sure I could keep up with the water flow if we had to bail by hand, and of course you'd be at it for hours.  Anyway, no time to get a generator before this storm, but we'll get ourselves sorted out before too long.

1 comment: