No blog posts have been happening for a few days...this much is apparent. The last couple of evenings this week were a bit busy, so I didn't get to post anything.
All the joists for the second floor are installed now, and the subfloor is also on. We've gone from "overbuilt deck" to "gazebo with second story deck". I'm not so big on ladders, so I've yet to set foot on the second storey deck.
Thursday night was another rainy night here, which meant a wet basement on Friday. The contractors have put up a white tarp in place of the missing downspout to see if that helps matters. There hasn't been rain to speak of since then so I don't know yet if this will do anything. We also have the dehumidifier plugged in over in that corner of the basement, and that definitely is keeping things under control.
There was a fair bit of rain on Friday, so not much work happened outside, but from the looks of things, the carpenters did some small chores here and there, removed waste materials from the site, etc.
I don't have any pictures of things with the second floor in place. I'll have to shoot a few pics today if the weather co-operates.
A few weeks as a backstocker at MEC and you'd love ladders.
ReplyDelete