Ren-Oh: Today's Pics

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Today's Pics

A special shout-out to our reader whose initials are Z.K.  I hope the blog isn't too sleep-inducing for you.

OK, summary of the work done today:  More trim, more painting, more deck, no plumbing and no electrical.  Peter also got the height adjusted on the dishwasher, and it is now attached to the cabinets.  All that remains is for me to re-align the door panel...I'll probably do that over the weekend.

Christopher (architect) also came by the house to discuss the details of a pillar that supports the second storey balcony.

Gerald and I discussed various options for improvising a solution to attaching the faucet to the island sink.  Nothing is sorted out yet, but I'll probably be spending some more quality time in the plumbing section at Preston Hardware.

I took a few photos before work today so we'd have something to look at tonight.


getting the weather report form Andrew, while he is working on the deck.  (answer: cold and wet)


These are the faucets we used in both bathrooms.


The bath vanities have handles on them now. These are from Ikea, and we used the same handles in the laundry room.


The kitchen looks more like a kitchen, and less like an unloading zone.  The bedroom and living room still look like unloading zones.


More trials and tribulations with the faucet for the island sink.  If that threaded brass bit were only about 3 inches longer, we'd be just fine.  As it is, we'll likely need to kludge something together.


The vestibule has been painted.

No comments:

Post a Comment