Ren-Oh: Thursday Update

Thursday, November 6, 2008

Thursday Update

No pictures today, but here is a rundown of progress:

  • Installation of corrugated metal around the ground floor entrance has begun.
  • Frank put another coat of polyurethane on the island, bringing more depth to the finish.
  • Floor finishing is confirmed for Nov 14/15, so the schedule of "when can we have a kitchen" mentioned in my last post is still on-track.  We also got a booking at Les Suites for us and the cats.
  • Peter has been installing MDF shelving in the bedroom closets, along with doing various small drywall repairs.
  • Milton has been painting various rooms. Mostly ceilings, but the main bathroom is completely painted now.
  • The vent hood for the stove is partially installed.  We'll need to get the chimney facade marked for the correct length, then take it to Ridalco to be cut.
  • I put another coat of oil on the soapstone counters.  I'll leave it there for a few days to see how things respond.
  • Jane cut some shelf liners for the upper cabinets, and we unpacked some of our plates and glasses into the cupboards.  We're not really in a position to use the stuff yet, but still it feels good.
  • I've started to think about what I need to do to get the espresso machine and its water softener back in business.  It all got taken a bit apart to drain all the water back in July.  Now it's like the car that nobody has started in four months.  I should be able to get the water softener going again this weekend, and with a bit of luck I'll fire up the coffee maker for a quick test to verify it still works, and there are no leaks, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment