Ren-Oh: Okey Dokey

Friday, November 28, 2008

Okey Dokey

The faucet and drain for the island sink got hooked up yesterday.  I haven't heard yet whether anything crazy had to be done to get the faucet nut tightened up properly.  It's nice to have both sinks going.  So far, I'm happy with the size and placement of the little sink.  We wanted it to be small, but still big enough so you could do things like wash vegetables etc.  I was surprised to find out that our round colanders fit OK in the sink.  there is also a nice rectangular colander from a sink manufacturer that would work well there.  When we did the original sink design, I was careful to tweak the dimensions so that the rectangular colander would fit correctly, in case we wanted to get one.  Similarly, we wanted a faucet that was low-profile, yet somehow still went together with the faucet for the main sink.  I also thought it was important for the faucet to have a pull-out head, so one could fill larger pots with water, even if the pots themselves would not fit inside the small sink.

We had company over for dinner last night, so no blog yesterday.  For those who keep track of such things,  I did some simple herbed roast chicken breasts (bone in), mashed potatoes with roasted garlic, yellow beans, a simple salad, and a "crumble pie" from the bakery down the street.  Everything turned out very well, with the possible exception of the beans, which didn't look that great in the store, to be honest.

I'll try to get caught up over the weekend with some new pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment