We're not quite at the point yet where the end of the renovation is in sight, but we are far enough along that the end can be at least imagined. For Jane and I, this is a happy thought, as it means the end of the renovation and we can actually live in the house we've been working toward. For some of you out in blog-reader-land, the end may be more of a mixed-blessing, given what that will mean for the blog.
Once we're "done", I'll probably stop updating things here and return to my quiet civilian life. "Done" is a bit off a fuzzy concept, though, so I imagine I'll keep things going for awhile even after we've moved in to the new space. I also want a chance to take some half-decent photos of the finished result, and post them on the blog...as apposed to the quick documentary stuff I do most days. I also have some ideas for something of a site that may continue on afterwards...but for now I make no promises and divulge few details.
Of course, we're not the only ones with a renovation going on, nor is this the only renovation blog. Here's an interesting looking one being done by a couple in Toronto. They're doing a whole new house, and judging form the blog, the demolition just took place...so there should be things to read there long after Ren-Oh goes dark.
I hear you saying "but we don't know these people, it won't be as interesting or relevant to us". True, we don't know them now, but they've shared much more personal information on the site than we have...so we can get to know them :-) Ren-Oh junkies beware, though...the good folks of 360 Winnett Ave don't appear to be super frequent updaters either. That may change once they get into the meat and potatoes of construction.
No comments:
Post a Comment