Ren-Oh: The Other Kitchen Sink

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

The Other Kitchen Sink

The astute among you may be wondering what happened to the small kitchen sink that will go on the island of MIM.  When I last posted about kitchen sinks, I mentioned that one sink and two faucets had been ordered from Preston Hardware, but there would be no additional trips needed to Preston.  What gives?

For the island sink, we had unusual needs in terms of size and design.  Ideally, we'd have found a small-ish, square or rectangular drop-in bar sink that would look similar in style to the main sink we have ordered.  While we're dreaming these things up, it'd be nice if the drop-in sink had a really low-profile lip around it...sort of like if you had an under-mount sink but with a faucet deck.  An actual under-mount sink was out of the question because MIM and under-mount sinks are not compatible with one another. 

Even the mighty Preston Hardware comes up empty when searching for such things.

So it was time to break out the cocktail napkin and the sharpie, and draw something that could be built by Ridalco, a local stainless fabricator.  I'm not very handy with the napkin and sharpie, so instead I used Sketchup to make a dimensioned drawing, and sent a PDF to Ridalco.

Schedule permitting, we should have the finished article in a couple of weeks from now.

No comments:

Post a Comment