Ren-Oh: An Island of MIM

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

An Island of MIM

I got a call from Frank this morning.  Would I like to come see the kitchen island and decide on drawer and shelf layout?  Frank's cabinet shop is just across the street from where I work, so I was able to stop by over lunch.  Actually, across the street is a heavily simplified explanation given that Preston is a total mess with construction.

My co-worker Stephanie was generous enough to loan me her Precious so I could take a few photos.

Here it is in all its glory. 

Cellphone cameras aren't the best, so t may be tough to make out some of the details.  Oh well, at least you can see Frank's shop pretty well.  That'll have to do for now :-)

I had a few other photos, but I can't post them because they came out better.

Frank has assured me that he measured the door opening of the kitchen very carefully, and this thing will actually fit through the kitchen door.  Oh, and it weighs somewhere north of 500 pounds  (that would be 225 kg for anyone reading from the Land of Lindt Chocolate).

1 comment:

  1. Wow those Iphones have crappy depth of field on their cameras - remind me not to get one.

    ReplyDelete