Ren-Oh: Things You May Have Been Wondering

Saturday, July 26, 2008

Things You May Have Been Wondering

A welcome to our continuing Ren-Oh reader, now located in Australia. 

Q:  What's the deal with that overhanging beam on the outside of the house?  Isn't your addition already contemporary enough without some random overhanging beam?

A: This will be cut to length when the roof soffits are finished up.  the plan is have the beam cut to be just inside the overhang of the roof so water doesn't drain directly onto it.

 

Q:  Did I miss the day when you posted the site plan?  Which way is North, anyway?

A:  I have not posted a site plan, but I'll probably do so soon, as there are more readers all the time who have not actually seen the property.

 

Q:  What material did you say was being used for the kitchen island?

A:  Say it with me... Mystery Island Material.  I'll call it MIM from now on as that's less wear and tear on my fingers.  I hope that clears things up :-)

 

Q:  How is the wall and ceiling going to work out for the ensuite bathroom?  There are so many angles in the pictures it's hard to understand how things are supposed to look when it's done.

A:  It's not much easier on-side if that's any consolation.  The fine details of all this are still in progress.

 

stay tuned later today for some new pictures!

1 comment:

  1. In Australia these overhangs are actually seen lots on houses. They are used by koala's as sleeping areas in some parts of Oz. Often you will see cane toads there too, looking for a respite from the hot sun or busy kids. I have even seen families use them as bungy trainer jumps for the youngsters.

    ReplyDelete