A few days ago, I wrote...
One of the things I wondered when we started on the addition was whether some of the heavy equipment such as cement mixers would actually fit in the driveway.
Today, this was put to the test again in a big way. The cement mixer could not fit in the driveway, because the big concrete pumping truck had grabbed the prime spot. It was a tight fit.
I wasn't around to see most of this, but Jane happened to be home, and shot a ton of stills and videos. (I'm going to look into posting some of the video on the weekend)
The concrete pumper has this nozzle hose that goes very high in the air.
The view from our second-storey window
After a long day of work, the foundation walls were complete.
a tight squeeze from every angle
It was truly impressive to see something this large in the back yard, and to watch the operators work with so much skill.
Missed a few days and just caught up on your progress. My father-in-law is a former construction foreman - it's amazing how those guys see the world and how all the bits and bobs line up and fit together. It looks like you're in good hands. Looks like you'll be on to framing and roofing in very short order, too.
ReplyDeletecheers,
l.