Ren-Oh: Charc Week – work in progress

Friday, April 2, 2010

Charc Week – work in progress

We have a gang coming over for Easter Sunday (18 counting all the kids).  I wanted to get a bit of charcuterie ready to have on a cold plate along with bread and veggies + dip.  Not much lead time, so I had to choose carefully.  Some pics from the current state of things.


Salmon fillets cured with fennel.  These are basically ready to go, I only need to check the salt content and slice ‘em thin.


Pork loin brined with sage, ginger, garlic, pepper, and apricots.  This will be smoked, and will turn out like a mini ham since there was sodium nitrite in the brine.  Curse you supermarket butchers for trimming all the fat away…if this comes out too dry I won’t be able to serve it.


big slab of rosemary and black pepper pancetta hanging in the basement.  This was already on the go before we settled on Easter plans.  Some of this may turn into toppings for baked potatoes.  Alternatively, I may slow roast a slab of this to tenderize, and then slice it for the cold plate.


Preserved lemons…these have been in progress since January.  They’ll probably find their way into something for Easter dinner…just not sure how yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment