Some more photos taken at Galleria Italia.
too bad about that sign in the foreground, but I didn’t want to crop it out of the way, or go to the hassle of cloning it out.
If you were to turn the opposite direction, you’d see that each of the vertical-ish doug fir spans has a patron’s name attached to it. One noticeable difference between the “Toronto” museums and the “Ottawa” ones is the presence of more deep pockets in the local community of patrons, more like what is seen in the larger US cities. Indeed, it seems like most every square foot of the inside (and outside) of these places was for sale at one time or another.
In this photo, you can see why I called them “vertical-ish spans” not simply “columns” These must have been quite complicated to fabricate.
I’ll have one more blog post about Galleria Italia which will focus on the sculptural work on display.

No comments:
Post a Comment