Worth cooking just so you can say it! You could call it “butterflied”, but that is so much less fun to say.
This weekend was nice, so I wanted to fire up the BBQ. We’re having pizza tomorrow night, so I also wanted to end up with some leftover grilled chicken. I’ve been waiting for the weather to be nice, so I could do a spatchcocked (there’s that word again) chicken and try out the technique.
The theory here is by flattening out the chicken, the breast meat and the thigh meat will cook more evenly. You also get a nice table presentation with the flattened out bird.
no more back pain (no more back either) You also need to do a bit of chiropractic on the ribcage.
the spa treatment, complete with hot bricks. The bricks are not strictly necessary, but I’d also seen an interesting recipe in Cooks’ Illustrated that used bricks on the grill after butterflying the bird.
The end result..had a little flare-up this time, but next time I’ll be able to cook it more evenly.
Yes it was yummy…I’ll tweak out the details a bit for next time…this was more of a dry run.
grilled chicken pizza tomorrow!

No comments:
Post a Comment