The main thing I wanted to see in San Francisco was the farmer's market down at the Ferry Building. This was a great market, and huge. I always like to visit food markets when travelling. It's unfortunate that most of what's for sale has to be "ignored", since I have no way to cook anything, or take most of the food home across the border.
I didn't take any large-scale photos of the front of the building, so here is a couple of tourist-at-home snaps from Google Street View.
Once again, it's amazing to think that as recently as 20 years ago, this view was obstructed by a double-decker freeway.
The building itself is full of food shops.
There's a fair amount of touristy stuff there, but also lots of real food.
On Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays, there is also a huge outdoor market in the mornings.
both sides of the front of the building...
...plus a huge area on the pier in behind.
I didn't have time to photo most of the goodies, but suffice to say the market was chock-a-block full of great meat, fish, veggies, charcuterie, and prepared food to eat there. There was a big Blue Bottle Coffee stall inside, plus two Blue Bottle coffee carts outside, and they all had huge lineups.
4505 Meats
a peek at the Transamerica Building









No comments:
Post a Comment