Still no news on the house stuff, hence the blog has been quiet the past while.
On Saturday, we were out on Merivale Road, and saw a sign at the Nicastro’s “mothership” advertising fresh rabbit. I’d been wanting to try one of these for awhile, so we took the plunge.
Saturday evening, I removed the loins and the back legs from the body, and got the carcass ready for stock. Then on Sunday morning, I put the stock on for the day.
reducing the finished bunny stock
The legs were braised with ginger mead and bunny stock, and will be tomorrow’s dinner.
braised rabbit legs…the sauce still needs to be strained and reduced.
For tonight, the boneless loins were stuffed with wild mushrooms, wild garlic, prunes, and duck prosciutto. This is just before cooking.
Wild asparagus from the Herb and Spice
The finished dish…served with barley cooked with dried tomatoes. The sauce is a reduction of bunny stock and port.
Yum.
How ‘bout dessert? Jane made a great strawberry and rhubarb cobbler with a cornmeal top.
This was served with dulce du leche ice cream from the Piggy Market in Westboro. (The Piggy Market will need a blog post all its own).


mmhmmm... so the reason you guys don't cook gourmet when I'm around is......?
ReplyDelete